A fanatic is one who won't change the subject and can't change their mind.
Hi, my name is Jamie and I am an Obsessed X-Phile, and this is my life! People never seem to understand how someone can become so immersed in a television show. It's not hard! Here is some examples of some of the ways that prove I'm an Obessed X-Phile.
1. I *NEVER* miss X-Files on Sunday, unless I'm meeting Gillian Anderson that day. (This happened to me last year on May 10th.)
2. I tape all of the episodes and keep them. I have multiple copies of most because some aren't "clear enough," that and the fact that I want all the eps on SP speed.
3. Every Sunday I get up early to watch X-Files on a feed (at 7:30 a.m.)
4. After I watch the episode I write a *VERY* detailled review and I 'snappy' around 50 pictures from the episode.
5. That night I still watch the episode again. (I sometimes have already watched it again making it more than two times per Sunday.
6. I buy anything and everything X-Files I find - any magazine with even a small article. I buy duplicate copies of many of them.Even Barbie dolls and Action Figures (who doesn't?).
7. I frequently quiz and teach my family about the show to keep them up to date.
8. I talk so much about X-Files, when I mention them (like at school) everyone usually groans).
9. I can quote entire scenes from the episodes/movie (and even Bloopers) at a time (quoting with someone else to be the opposite character is always great - *waves to Gary and Paula*.
10. Most of my free time is spent on the computer working on my (very extensive) X-Files website or reading X-Files fanfic. (MSR only of course:)
11. Every time I see that the clock (or date) reads 11:21 or 10:13 I cheer!
12. In school if my reports can be about anything to do with "The X-Files," they are. (For some examples, for a book report I read Whirlwind and I had to once analyze three of my favorite songs and they all [make me think of] "The X-Files" (one was of course my fav, "Extremis"), also my senior project is going to by on "The X-Files.")
13. I think of all possible X-Files references in movies/tv shows (like when a actor/actress from "The X-Files" is in something else) and see/buy/tape movies just because of them if it's an important character (like "Shocker" or "Magic's Biggest Secrets" with Mitch Pileggi and "Once a Thief" with Nicholas Lea for examples.
14. I go to movies to see previews even if I don't like the movie (I saw the "Playing God" and "The X-Files: Fight the Future" trailers that way).
1. I traveled over 500 miles (I think that's about right) to meet Gillian (and others) at the NY Expo (who wouldn't?)
2. I saw the "The X-Files: Fight the Future" 20 times at the theater -- in fact, I was there so much that someone that worked there gave me two free passes!
3. Not only did I dress up as Scully for both Expos I went to, I did the same at the movie theater the first few times (I would have more, but don't forget this was in the summer and a suit is hot)! At the theater people really thought I was from the FBI (adults too) that was strange but cool! I also did for Halloween of course:) - for a Halloween party my boyfriend was Mulder and I was Scully, very cool;)
4. I traveled over and hour and a half to see Gillian's movies "The Mighty" and "Playing By Heart!"
5. I know just about everything about "The X-Files" and even won both trivia contests at the Expo as well as the Virtual Contest! Because of these I met another X-Phile who actually knows the stuff (and quotes) like I do:) *waves to Paula:)*
6. For my birthday last year (even though I don't like it) I ate BBQ ribs and "small potatoes," with a snowball for desert, and drank ice tea to commemorate being a 'Shipper and Scully's birthday in "Tempus Fugit."
Now, I want to know what makes *you* and obsessive X-Phile! Send me your reasons and I'll post them on this page:) (Please put "Obsessive X-Phile" in the subject line) I will also add more of my own soon too:)
Disclaimer: The X-Files is property of Chris Carter, 20th Century Fox,
and 1013 Productions. I am in no way affiliated with them. I am only posting
these spoilers and rumors for entertainment and informational purposes. I am
not to be held responsible for the legitimacy of the rumors, or anything else
on this page.
"The X-Files" TM and © (or copyright) Fox and its related companies. All
rights reserved. Any reproduction, duplication, or distribution in any
form is expressly prohibited.
This web site, its operators, and any content contained on this site
relating to "TheX-Files" are not authorized by Fox.